Simple Strategies To Give Back To KidWorks Before Dec. 31


Whether you need to give a gift for the person who has everything, make a year-end charitable contributions for tax purposes, or simply want the warm feeling of supporting the new students coming to KidWorks, there are several ways to give a gift to KidWorks. In addition, year-end gifts can result in meaningful tax savings to the donor. 

IRA Rollover Gifts:If you are age 70 or older, you can give KidWorks up to $100,000 from your IRA account by means of the Charitable Distribution Provision, even if it’s more than your annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).  These gifts can be made tax-free and will help balance your IRA value with other estate assets. 

Gifts of Stocks, Bonds, CDs, & Mutual Funds:
Gifts of stocks, bonds and mutual funds are a great way to support KidWorks that can provide significant year-end tax savings to the donor.  By donating stocks or other securities, you can avoid paying capital gains tax that would otherwise incur if you sold these assets. Be sure that you have owned the shares at least 12 months and one day (the IRS definition of “long-term”) and that the stock has appreciated.

Donating A Vehicle:
If you have an extra vehicle that you no longer need, make the most of it by donating that car, truck or boat to KidWorks. We will secure top dollar for your extra car, and you can support the KidWorks Mission. Call (714) 834-9400x133 to learn more. 


Your gift to KidWorks is an investment that immediately impacts the students and community we serve.

We recommend that you review these ideas with your financial advisor or CPA to determine what strategy is best for you to achieve year-end tax savings while supporting KidWorks.  As always, we take the privacy of our donors very seriously, click here to read our Donor Privacy Policy and the Donor Bill of Rights. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact a member of our development team. 

Note: KidWorks Community Development Corporation cannot give tax or legal advice. Please consult your own professional tax advisor about the best way to take advantage of any giving opportunity.